This guide to the key concepts is written by independent industry practitioners and includes the following articles:
- Selling & buying a flat with a short lease: Iris-Ann Stapleton looks at the procedure
- The practical points of RTM: Stan Gallagher and Will Beetson warns of the issues that can arise
- Elim Court: How wrong is right? Mark Chick looks at a recent court case
- Rights of extension and purchase for leasehold houses: There is legislation out there, says Liz Rowen
- The 3% Stamp Duty Surcharge: Do you need to pay it?
- Tax clearance complexities: Protect your position when buying freeholds, warns Yashmin Mistry
- Ground rents are not all bad! David Stockley explains leasehold tenure and outlines its advantages
- Buying a glat with a short lease: There are various options to consider, says Lesley Brentnall
- Ground Rent: What, How And Why? Katie Cohen offers a simple guide to ground rent
- Right to Manage with Lease Extensions: Leaseholders of larger blocks need not give up if they fall at the first hurdle
- Court’s clear message on approaching RTM claims: Eleanor Murray urges Right to Manage companies to follow the laws
Please click the link to download the full feature.