1 Berkeley Street, Mayfair, London, W1J 8DJ
Telephone: 0800 6124 960
Parkshot House, 5 Kew Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 2PR
Telephone: 0800 6124 960
David Cooper Associates Chartered Surveyors cover all your Residential and Commercial property needs, ranging from Building Surveys and Homebuyer Reports, Leasehold Enfranchisement, Lease Extensions and Collective freehold purchase, through to Valuations, Landlord & Tenant and Expert Witness Reports.
Established in 1993 we are an independent firm of Chartered Surveyors having built our reputation on providing a professional, responsive and bespoke service.
With offices in Mayfair, Richmond and Harrow we cover a wide geographical area of South-East and the Home Counties including Central London, the City and the West End, Kensington, Knightsbridge and Chelsea, St John's Wood and North-West London, Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Surrey. We offer a combined extensive range of services, at competitive rates, which enables us to serve our clients comprehensively and efficiently whilst retaining the all important personal element.
Whether you are a leaseholder of a flat or a house, a group of leaseholders, a freeholder or a property professional, David Cooper Associates Chartered Surveyors are here to help.
If you own the Leasehold of a house or flat, Government legislation over the last few decades has made it easier to acquire the freehold of your house or extend the lease of your flat by 90 years (over and above the remaining term of your lease) at a ‘peppercorn’ ground rent, or, together with your fellow lessees even buy the freehold (called “enfranchising”). If your lease is getting short, (particularly if it is under, or approaching, eighty years unexpired), to protect the value of your property, you should consider whether you qualify for either of these options.
To see you through the process our services include:
When acting on behalf of either the Leaseholder or Landlord:
· An initial consultation to assess your needs and to ascertain whether the Lessee(s)/Landlord qualify to extend your lease or acquire the freehold.
· An assessment of the premium (price) likely to be payable under provisions of the relevant legislation
· An assessment of the best-case and worst case scenarios and the recommended sum to be included in a Notice, to be served (by solicitors) upon the Lessee(s)/Landlord.
· A formal report which will include the above, together with our recommendations and advice.
· Negotiations with the Lessee(s)/Landlord and/or any professional representative he/she may appoint
· Liaising with the instructed solicitor
· Representations, both written and in person to the First Tier Tribunal (the FTT), if necessary
As you might expect, the process requires a detailed working knowledge of the relevant Acts, particularly The Leasehold Reform Act 1967 and The Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 (amended in 2002).
What Our Clients Say About Us
I am delighted at how smoothly it all went through once I put my Lease Extension in the hands of David Cooper Associates. Once again, thank you, for your excellent and unwavering assistance in this matter.
Dr Z Gajiwala, Rickmansworth
Thank you for your assistance and efficiency throughout the process of my Lease Extension. We are so pleased with the result which thoroughly exceeded our expectations.
Mr & Mrs D Williamson, Regents Park, London W1
Well done to you, David Cooper Associates… Your persistence and tenacity throughout the negotiation process was so appreciated. I cannot thank you enough.
Ms S B Howe, Oxford