Part 1: Service chargesBook Now
6 Feb 18
13:30 to 16:45
If you're involved in the management of leasehold properties, then it's almost inevitable that you'll find yourself in first-tier tribunal facing challenges relating to service charges.
In this highly interactive Knowledge Bank, we'll look at:
- Service charges - what they are and the contractual and statutory restrictions on their recovery.
- The jurisdiction of the tribunal on service charges - what can it do and how should it be done.
- The usual challenges faced by property managers (and how to deal with them).
- What the tribunal will expect from you.
- What you should expect from the tribunal.
The second half of the session will then be spent as interactive role play, with attendees taking the part of landlord, tenant and tribunal in two case studies, each based around a lease which delegates will be provided with in advance of the Knowledge Bank. The first case study will centre on an application made by a tenant challenging the reasonableness and playability of service charges. The second will focus on an application made by a landlord who proposes to incur costs in relation to major works.