Flat burnt down as owner tries to kill spider

A man accidentally burnt down his apartment as he tried to kill a spider by setting fire to it.
 
The resident in California had spotted a large wolf spider and used a torch lighter to destroy the creature, which then scuttled under a mattress and went up into flames.
 
A fire official said that residents had tried to extinguish the fire with a garden hose, but their efforts were unsuccessful. The blaze caused approximately £8,100 worth of damage.

...

< Back